Friday, September 25, 2009

Response to anonymous criticism

Got a pretty strong anonymous comment on my last post.
I would like to thank him for his concern on this issue. Although I am dead tired now and have to travel outstation tomorrow, I feel obliged to write a new post in response to his/her comments.
"Wah,bro, S'pore give you a chance to Earn S$$$$$$ and you are not grateful?"
Bro I am very grateful that I have been given a chance to earn the precious SGDs. I am so grateful that I am willing to take on 30% more workload than my Singaporean counterparts. I am also grateful to the extent that I happily receive 70% of what my Singaporean counterparts normally earns. To repay Singapore gratitude I am ever willing to help in driving Singapore economy forward so that SGD can go up even further. So that Singaporeans can buy plenty of goods from poorer country using their big strong SGD.
I am sorry if my incoherent writings does not contain enough goodwill . I am not perfect and won't pretend to be a sportng gentleman(I grew up in JB wat u expect).
Honestly Bro, do you think Singaporean government and bosses give a crap about my sense of gratitude. May I add, they don't pay me or other foreign workers for doing nothing. Singapore Inc has always been about the bottom line!!
"Just when the relationship between S'pore & Malaysia is getting warmer"
Bro, you have too much of mainstream stuff in your system. I suggest you try more of alternative flavored media. Malaysia-Today is a good start.
A gentle reminder :
i)During Abdullah Badawi administration, it was more of Khairy leveraging on his Singapore connections to get a turbo-political headstart. And Singapore got her fair share from such co-op. Search the 2006 archives Raja Petra writings to find out more.
ii)The current cross straits ties under Najib is definitely. It is so warm he is feeling the heat right under his balls. Try google 'Najib Mongolia Singapore hotel exhibition' if you know what I mean.
As much as I want to believe that foreign relations are about gentlemen diplomacy, I cannot ignore that everything everything just boils down to the bottom line!! Its just about getting the most out of any bargain.
'When do you think this KTM will ever be resolved?'
Bro, the more important question is how to properly resolve the issue. The tracks and station has been around for a 100 years. It did not prevent Singapore from becoming a first world country.
"'Do you think if it is true, Msia will lose out?"
Yes I do. It has more to do with my zero confidence in Najib, Anifah Aman and other bumbling BN goons.
"Why always think S'pore is too cunning and will always get the Cake and Msia only the Cream?"
I hope you take it as compliment that the Singapore government is full of intellegent quick thinking people.
An example of some creams that Malaysian licked:
i) Singapore landfilling causing the shipping passage of Tebrau Straits to narrow. Thereby negatively affecting Pasir Gudang Port and Tanujung Pelepas Port. You might argue who cares about lousy port operators like these two above, they are doomed anyway. Just use our super efficient PSA. Singapore development more important mah! Singapore 1 Malaysia Nil
ii) CPF withdrawal of Penisular Malaysians. Hey crazy meh, even Singapore citizens find it difficult to take money out of Singapore piggy bank. Singapore 2 Malaysia Nil
iii) Pedra Benca, Singapore could have won hands down with the sole fact that the Birtish gazzeted Pedra Branca as part of the Negeri-negeri Selat. Why did Singapore claim that it was terra nullius (uninhabitted empty land)? When it was a common knowledge that these islands were Orang Laut whose allegiance to the Melaka/Johor Sultanate is well documented inhabitted Pedra Branca and its surrounding island.
Why so kiasu in using terra nullius? Coming up with all sort of timeline and legal discrepancies to paint the picture that Johor Sultanate had never had any sovereignty or legitimate influence over these islands. The answer is simple winning the prize.
Singapore 3 Malaysia Nil.
iv) 2006 Kota Tinggi great flood. Did Singapore made transperent its operations record of Sungai Linggu reservoir(upstream of Kota Tinggi)? To convince the public that there was no negligence on Singapore operators that could have worsen the flood. Or could there have been steps taken to mitigate the extent of damage.
Water very important Singapore mah.No lah cannot reveal too much. Later terorrist attack Singapore people die lah. Kota tinggi just kampung folks, very nice people sure the understand one.
Singapore 4 Malaysia Nil.
We could go on non-stop in digging Malaysian government incompentency and Singapore ruthlessness in taking advantage of it. But lets just stop here.
Singapore is successful partly because of its good operation management. But the most important factor of its success is its ability to attract money from all over South East Asia. Southeast Asian tycoons, military rulers, corrupt politician and officers stash away their billions in Singapore.
Where does all these billions come from? They are suck from poor ordinary people of your poor neighbouring countries. Then all these poor folks will go to Singapore and work like hell to drive your economy.
So please forgive us ordinary folks for not being enthusiastic enough in your swap deal or prime CBD or IR real estate.
Singapore needs its neighbour as much as we need your Singdollars. But a little gratitude from Singapore would be nice.
My country is sick but I am not blaming Singapore. My bottom line is helping my country to stand up again. And I believe everyone has their on bottom line to chase.
Regards,
Kaki Tambak
PS : I will be away for the next 3 days, have a nice weekend.
Anonymous, if your not from the Home Ministry (Malaysia or Singapore), maybe we can have Teh Tarik sometime.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry I am not a Cybertrooper if that's what you are implying.
I am an Independent Senior Citizen when often spend a few hours in cyberspace and my first course is always Malaysia Today and Uncle Kit's blog.In fact I came to know about your blog through MT. I do like your article on the CIQ.
Well, do ENJOY your holidays whilst I comtemplate whether to answer your argument or let it be. Peace.

Kaki Tambak said...

Uncle, no worries here. I doubt cybertroopers will be interested. Honestly speaking, we are talking about a blog with 5 to 10 hits per day.

Anyway, I m a just plain speaking bloke with no inside information to spill.

Any allegations or rumours featured here have been in the public sphere for quite awhile now.

We entrust our country to the politicians not out of freewill but rather expediency.

So there lies the problem. That is why I sometimes touch on political stuff.

The kaki tambak community exists because there something wrong in both our countries. It goes beyond
the superficiality of making more money.

Complaining on how tough our luck is ain't gonna bring about change.

This blog is only the very little I can do to help gel together some layer of awareness and urgency.

Fadhil said...

KT,

Sorry long time have not dropped by. Very nice discussion. If you guys agree to have teh tarik, I'd like to join.

Kaki Tambak said...

Old stock,

Thanks for dropping by. We should really get together for teh tarik someday.

Anonymous said...

hey man, i haven't been to your blog in some time. But i do like your posts and comments. As for who's bottom line, it's depends which side of the fence you sit on. but i definitely agree with you, there are some things that Singapore does are unpleasant to its neighbours.

btw - i'm joining you soon. I just biked from JB to SG this morning. door to door in 1 hour. - bus_wrecker