Saturday, July 18, 2009

Just when I think today will get worse? Then...

Just had a pretty rough day(18/07/09), trying to organize a peaceful candlelight vigil in JB for Beng Hock. Called DAP Johor HQ was polite but somewhat bureaucratic. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. We do know that DAP Johor are resource scarce and very busy. But your comrade has been cruelly sacrificed, so I expected more fire from DAP Johor. They last thing they need to be is to sound like Koh Tsu Koon the softy. Suaram was more responsive. I will try to make contact directly with Dr Boo Cheng Hau and maybe PAS tomorrow. For now, the idea of having a JB candlelight vigil is still floating on thin air. Nothing much was achieved today. My wife was actually to hoping we could light some candles tonight. I was very sorry to disappoint her, so I took the family to a nearI by shopping mall, Weird as it sounds we found something very meaningful there. Yes, a meaningful experience in a JB shopping mall. There was this brilliant exhibition(and expensive too) on display there. The title of the exhibition is "The Legacy of Tan Kah Kee and Lee Kong Chian)". Both are philanthropists who have contributed greatly to education in Malaysia,Singapore and China. Their warmth and love for all people, are for us to treasure: So my day ended with a uplifting note.

No comments: